Sunday, June 8, 2008

Megan's World has been brought to you today by the number 46.

** You might need a stiff dose of Ritalin to make it through this post.**

Wow I'm bored. I vowed to do nothing today, and I made good on that promise. With the exception of making a quick jaunt to the local Teeter (I had no bread), the most substantial accomplishment of my day has been getting dressed, and that didn't happen until it was completely necessary. As Mark Twain said: "Naked people have little or no influence on society."

The annual "Megan's Birthday Dinner" will be coming up in 2 weeks and this leaves me to choose the restaurant which is never an easy task for me. I'm always looking for that one restaurant that will provide you with the Ultimate Dining Experience. Red Robin is quite close. They have THE BEST veggie burger ON THE PLANET. Run, don't walk, to Red Robin if you haven't been there yet. Unfortunately I won't get paid for that bit of free promotion. The annual birthday dinner should not be confused with the annual June Celebration of Megan's Birthday - this is only one event in the festivities. Wait until I turn 30 - we'll be celebrating that all of 2010.

ANYWAY, I had a point to this post if only I could shut up and come to it. My mom had told me about this restaurant in Kannapolis that does Mediterranean cuisine (I just almost spelled cuisine as quisine - I spent waaay too much time in the sun this week) and its name is "Forty Six."

So I Googled "Forty Six" to try to find its website and the delightful Wikipedia popped up first, giving me a primer on the history and significance of this "Forty Six" deal.

I know, I know. What's this? 46 is BETWEEN 45 and 47?? Eureka. It gets better.

I've always thought weird number coincidences (or are they?) are cool things. Like on Lost: 4 8 15 16... you know the drill.

46 (forty-six) is the natural number following 45 and preceding 47.

Less mind-numbing facts about 46:
  • The atomic number of palladium.
  • The number of (normal) human chromosomes.
  • In Psalm 46 in the King James Version of the Bible, the 46th word from the beginning is "shake" and the 46th word from the end is "spear"; at the time of publication of the King James Bible, playwright William Shakespeare was 46 years old
  • The number of samurai, out of 47, who carried out the attack in the historical Ako vendetta; sometimes referred to as the 46 Ronins to discount the one samurai forced to turn back
  • Because 46 in Japanese can be pronounced as "yon roku", and "yoroshiku"(よろしく) means "my best regards" in Japanese, people sometimes use 46 for greeting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/46_(number)

No comments: